Mongrelfolk( Races of Destiny, p. 98)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
Mongrelfolk range in height from a little under 5 feet to almost 6 feet tall, and they weigh between 125 and 230 pounds. Their skin ranges from pale to dark, perhaps with gray or pink undertones, and their hair ranges from fine to coarse and black to white-blond. They usually have large green or brown eyes, which can be dark or pale or (as is often the case) indeterminate enough to look dark in shadow but pale in bright light. Their ears are slightly upswept and come to mild points at the upper tips, and they usually have heavy brows and jaws. Mongrelfolk favor simple, functional clothing and rarely wear jewelry.
- Low-Light Vision: Mongrelfolk can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Emulate Race (Ex): Because of their radically mixed heritage, mongrelfolk can use magic items that only function for a user of a certain race. This ability works like the emulate race function of the Use Magic Device skill. A mongrelfolk can automatically emulate any humanoid race, with no need for a skill check. Mongrelfolk who have the Use Magic Device skill have a +4 racial bonus on attempts to emulate nonhumanoid races using that skill.
- Sound Imitation (Ex): A mongrelfolk can mimic any voice or sound she has heard. Listeners must succeed on a DC 16 Will save to detect the ruse.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects.
- Diffuse Blood: Mongrelfolk gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against any spell that targets a particular race or ignores a particular race, provided the selected race is part of their general ancestry (human, halfling, dwarf, elf, gnome, goblin, or orc).
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects and illusion spells or effects.
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +1 racial bonus on Appraise, Climb, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks.
- +4 racial bonus on Hide and Sleight of Hand checks.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass mongrelfolk's rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.