Drow( Monster Manual v.3.5, p. 103)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Elven , Undercommon|
|Bonus Languages:||Abyssal , Aquan , Draconic , Drow Sign Language , Gnome , Goblin|
Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot.
White is the most common hair color among drow, but almost any pale shade is possible. Drow tend to be smaller and thinner than other sorts of elves, and their eyes are often a vivid red.
Drow usually coat their arrows with a potent venom.
An opponent hit by a drow's poisoned weapon must succeed on a DC 13 Fortitude save or fall unconscious. After 1 minute, the subject must succeed on another DC 13 Fortitude save or remain unconscious for 2d4 hours. A typical drow carries 1d4-1 doses of drow knockout poison. Drow typically coat arrows and crossbow bolts with this poison, but it can also be applied to a melee weapon. Note that drow have no special ability to apply poison without risking being poisoned themselves. Since this poison is not a magical effect, drow and other elves are susceptible to it.
- Darkvision out to 120 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells, +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells, spell-like abilities, and enchantment effects of other sorts.
- Spell resistance equal to 11 + class level.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spelllike abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow's class level.
- Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. In addition, they take a -1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks when in bright light.