Aasimar( Races of Destiny, p. 92)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Celestial , Common|
|Bonus Languages:||Draconic , Dwarven , Elven , Gnome , Halfling , Sylvan|
Graceful, regal, and noble, aasimars are the distant descendants of a coupling between a human and a good-aligned outsider. While nowhere near as powerful as their celestial forebears, aasimars still retain a touch of the divine in their blood and wear it with pride. Devoted champions of good, aasimars spend their days fighting evil in whatever form it takes.
In a world of violence, injustice, and evil, aasimars are on the front lines, lending their abilities where needed. Some try to stave off evil by teaching and leading by example in the fight against ignorance, prejudice, and greed. Others present an aloof and lofty demeanor, an intimidating aura that, while noble, keeps people from trying to get too close. Among good people, aasimars are held in high opinion as a standard by which all should live, while those of an evil nature view aasimars as self-righteous and dangerously moralistic.
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Aasimars inherit a measure of the insight and presence of their celestial forebears.
- Outsider (native): Aasimars are outsiders who are native to the Material Plane. Unlike true outsiders, native outsiders need to eat and sleep.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, aasimars have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Aasimar base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Aasimars can see in the dark out to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and aasimars can function just fine with no light at all.
- Daylight (Sp): An aasimar can use daylight once per day as a 1st-level caster or a caster of her class level, whichever is higher.
- Resistance to acid 5, cold 5, and electricity 5: Aasimars gain a slight resistance to acid, cold, and electricity from their celestial blood.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks: Aasimars have keen senses.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Celestial. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan. Aasimars enjoy learning languages that enable them to communicate with good creatures.
- Favored Class: Paladin. The paladin class levels of an aasimar who becomes an ex-paladin class do not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level adjustment +1.