Sea Kin( Races of Destiny, p. 100)
|Base speed:||Land 30 , Swim 30|
|Bonus Languages:||Aquan , Elven , Sahuagin|
To a casual observer, a sea kin looks like a regular human. On closer examination, however, the differences between the races become more apparent. The skin of sea kin is slightly shiny and slippery; it exudes a protective layer of oil that keeps them warm as well as helping, them move through water. The hands and feet of sea kin are longer than those of a human and have tough webbing between their fingers and toes. Sea kin eyes are pitch black and have a secondary transparent eyelid that allows them to see unhindered underwater. Their hair is either pitch black or a metallic hue—shining silver, glimmering gold, or tawny copper. The most disturbing aspect of sea kin is their mouths, which can open wider than a human's and are filled with small, needle-sharp fangs suited for tearing apart food rather than chewing it.
Sea kin wear clothing made from natural elements, particularly seaweed, although they love clothes made by humans and other land-dwelling races. Because they spend a large amount of time on land, sea kin carry weapons and equipment similar to that used by land-dwelling humanoids.
- Sea kin base land speed is 30 feet. Their base swim speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Sea kin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level: Sea kin (like their human ancestors) are versatile and capable. (The 4 skill points at 1st level are added on as a bonus, not multiplied in.)
- +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist checks: Sea kin naturally secrete a slippery oil to facilitate swimming. This secretion also makes it easy for them to slip out of restraints.
- Hold Breath (Ex): A sea kin can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to 8 × his Constitution score before he risks drowning.
- Weapon Familiarity: Sea kin treat tridents and nets as simple weapons.
- Water Dependency: A sea kin must immerse his entire body in water at least once a week or suffer ill effects. After a week has passed, a sea kin must make a Constitution check every day thereafter (DC 10 + 1 per additional day) or take 1 point of Constitution damage. Once a sea kin immerses his body in water, he immediately regains 1d4 points of Constitution per hour that he remains in water.
- Favored Class: Druid. A multiclass sea kin's druid class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.