Sharakim( Races of Destiny, p. 102)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Bonus Languages:||Dwarven , Elven , Gnome , Orc|
Sharakim stand between 5 feet and 6 feet tall and weigh 140 to 275 pounds. Their skin ranges from light gray to coal black; their hair is thick but not coarse, and such a deep black it seems almost blue, though some sharakim sport silver or white streaks. They usually have either jet-black or slate-gray eyes, and more rarely eyes of dark blue or dark green. Small, curved horns protrude from both temples, and their lower canines are sharp tusks that jut up past their upper lips. Sharakim noses are usually short and snubbed, with wide nostrils.
Sharakim dress as well as their circumstances allow, to distinguish themselves from orcs. They prefer finely made shirts and pants, with soft leather boots and gloves. Many wear hats with broad brims, pulled low to cover their horns, while others prefer cloaks with deep hoods. Sharakim keep their thick fingernails trimmed, and their tusks and horns polished. They decorate their horns and tusks, carving them like ivory, capping them with precious metals, or even imbedding gems in them. Their hair is braided or pulled back and held by a fine metal clip. Sharakim hate to expose their feet and hands, because both are oversized and feature thick, talonlike nails.
- +2 Strength, —2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, —2 Charisma: Sharakim are naturally strong but their size makes them clumsy. Their monstrous appearance works against them in social settings, but their culture forces them to be well educated.
- Darkvision: Sharakim can see in the dark out to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and sharakim can function just fine with no light at all.
- +1 natural armor bonus: Sharakim skin is tough and difficult to pierce.
- Shadow Affinity (Ex): Sharakim are born to darkness, and despite their claims they operate best in night and shadow. In areas of darkness or shadowy illumination, a sharakim gains a +2 racial bonus on Hide, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Sharakim take a —1 penalty to attack rolls in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-orcs): Sharakim despise orcs, and learn special combat techniques that enable them to fight them more effectively.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass sharakim's wizard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level adjustment +1.