Chaos Gnome( Races of Stone, p. 86)
|Base speed:||Land 20|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Gnome|
Chaos gnomes stand 3 to 3-1/2 feet tall, much like other gnomes. They have the same slight build and trim appearance that other gnomes favor, but their coloring differs wildly. Chaos gnomes have bright red, blue, green, or violet eyes, and their eyes change in hue and brightness depending on their mood—from bright red when angry or excited to dull green or blue when bored or disappointed. They have similarly bright hair color, ranging from vivid red to blond.
Chaos gnomes favor bright colors in their clothing, particularly and oranges. They decorate their clothing with seemingly random bead patterns.
|Chaos Gnome, male||2'8"||+2d4||30 lb.||x 1 lb.|
|Chaos Gnome, male||2'6"||+2d4||25 lb.||x 1 lb.|
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, —2 Strength: Chaos gnomes are agile and share the typical gnome toughness. Many find their spontaneity compelling, but they are Small and therefore not as strong as other humanoids.
- Low-Light Vision: A chaos gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Chaos gnomes treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Spell Power: A chaos gnome's effective caster level when casting spells with the chaos descriptor increases by 1. This increase applies when determining level-dependent spell variables and on caster level checks, and it stacks with other spell power abilities, such as from the hierophant prestige class.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type: This bonus represents special training that chaos gnomes undergo, during which they learn tricks that previous generations developed in their battles with giants. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks: Chaos gnomes have keen ears.
- Luck of Chaos (Ex): Once per day, a chaos gnome can reroll one roll that she has just made before the Dungeon Master declares whether the roll results in success or failure. The character must take the result of the reroll, even if it's worse than the original roll.
- Immunity to confusion effects.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—entropic shield. A chaos gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—daze, flare, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + chaos gnome's Cha modifier + spell level.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer . A multiclass chaos gnome's sorcerer class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multi-classing. Many chaos gnomes are multiclass sorcerer/clerics with the Luck domain.
- Level adjustment +1.