Centaur( Races of the Wild, p. 95)
|Base speed:||Land 50|
|Automatic languages:||Elven , Sylvan|
|Bonus Languages:||Common , Gnome , Halfling|
|Racial Hit Dice:||4d8 (Monstrous humanoid)|
|Racial Base Attack:||+4|
|Racial Base Saves:||Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +4|
With the lower body of a large horse and the upper torso and arms of a human, centaurs combine speed and strength in their powerful forms. A centaur is as big and heavy as a horse, standing about 7 feet high and weighing about 2,100 pounds. Brown dominates most of a centaur's coloring, the long hair on the top of the head and the glossy fur of the horselike body ranging from a light tan to a deep, dark brown. A centaur's humanlike torso has a swarthy, earthy complexion. In some isolated tribes and rare individuals, other colorings emerge, such as white, gray, or black, but these are extremely uncommon.
- +8 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, —2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Large size: —1 penalty to Armor Class, —1 penalty on attack rolls, —4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
- A centaur's base land speed is 50 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A centaur begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice; a base attack bonus of +4; and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A centaur's monstrous humanoid levels give him skill points equal to 7 × (2 + Int modifier). His class skills are Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
- Racial Feats: A centaur's monstrous humanoid levels give him two feats.
- +3 natural armor bonus.
- Favored Class: Ranger. Centaur rangers often choose magical beasts or some variety of humanoid as their favored enemy.
- Level adjustment +2.