Aquatic Elf( Stormwrack, p. 39)
|Base speed:||Swim 40|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Elven|
|Bonus Languages:||Aquan , Draconic , Giant|
Aquatic elves are very striking in appearance, with skin that ranges between a light blue to a dark green. They usually have black hair and their eyes are oddly colored, ranging from an iridescent blue to gold to a white-silver hue that shines like mother-of-pearl. Their hands and feet are webbed and they boast a set of gills that runs along their collarbones and down their rib cages.
- +2 Dexterity, —2 Intelligence. These adjustments replace the high elf's ability score adjustments. Aquatic elves are as swift and coordinated in their movements as their land-based kin. While more sturdily built than most of the other elf subraces, they have little use for study.
- Aquatic: An aquatic elf is a humanoid with the aquatic and elf subtypes.
- An aquatic elf has a swim speed of 40 feet. An aquatic elf has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Gills: Aquatic elves can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution (after that, refer to the suffocation rules on page 304 of the Dungeon Master's Guide).
- Proficient with trident, longspear, and net. This replaces the standard elf profi ciency with longsword, rapier, and bow.
- Superior Low-Light Vision (Ex): Aquatic elves can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination. This trait replaces the high elf's low-light vision.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An aquatic elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it. An elf's senses are so keen that she practically has a sixth sense about hidden portals.
- Favored Class: Fighter .