Deepwyrm Drow( Dragon Magic, p. 6)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Elven , Undercommon|
|Bonus Languages:||Abyssal , Aquan , Draconic , Drow Sign Language , Gnome , Goblin|
Deep dragons (described in Monsters of Faerûn) are among the most dangerous hunters in the Underdark. Thanks to their ability to assume humanoid form, they frequently interact with other denizens of these shadowy tunnels while posing as drow. In this guise, deep dragons explore dark elf communities and forge powerful alliances, often without the drow realizing the truth about their new partners.
In some cases, these relationships produce half-dragon offspring, and these bloodlines have a way of manifesting themselves in later generations as deepwyrm drow. Such drow are typically sinuous in build, with skin that has maroon or purple highlights.
- Darkvision out to 120 feet.
- Dragonblood Subtype: Deepwyrm drow are of the dragonblood subtype (see page 4).
- Immunity to sleep spells.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds a deepwyrm drow for 1 round. In addition, they take a -1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks when in bright light.
- Spell resistance equal to 11 + class level.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day—detect magic; 1/day—dancing lights, darkness, disguise self. The caster level for these effects is equal to the character level of the deepwyrm drow.
- Weapon Proficiency: A deepwyrm drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A deepwyrm drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.