Forestlord Half-Elf( Dragon Magic, p. 8)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Elven|
Like most sylvan races, elves are in tune with the natural world, and this attunement extends to dragonkind as well. In ancient times, certain elf tribes made pacts with powerful green dragons, which in turn used their magic to imbue the elves with strange new abilities. Though the forest lord elves did not worship these evil dragons, the two groups crafted peace accords that remain in force to this day, long after those who forged the treaties died.
Any descendant of a forestlord elf (including half-elves) can also be a forestlord elf, even if she never agreed to the ancient pacts. However, the forestlord traits are unpredictable, and no one is ever certain if they will manifest in any given elf or half-elf child.
Forestlord half-elves are easily distinguishable from standard half-elves by their smooth green skin, similar to the color of a green dragon's scales. Most also have green hair, though it ranges from brown to white on occasion.
- Class Skills: Hide is a class skill for forestlord half-elves.
- Dragonblood Subtype: Forestlord half-elves are of the dragonblood subtype (see page 4).
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a forestlord half-elf is considered an elf. Forestlord half-elves, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect elves as their elf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by elves. (See the Monster Manual for more information about elves, and the Dungeon Master's Guide for more on magic items.)
- Forestlord Pact: Any forestlord half-elf who attacks or otherwise attempts to harm a green dragon loses her treewalk ability for 24 hours. During that time, the character also takes a —1 penalty on attack rolls, caster level or manifester level, and saving throws.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects.
- Low-light Vision: A forestlord half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Treewalk (Su): A forestlord half-elf can transport herself between trees in much the same way that dryads and druids can. Once per day, a forestlord half-elf can enter a tree by touching it as a move action; once inside the tree, she instantly transports to any other tree within 60 feet. The forestlord half-elf appears in a square adjacent to the second tree at the beginning of her next turn. When a forestlord half-elf reaches 5 Hit Dice, and for every 5 HD thereafter, she gains one additional use of this ability per day.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.