Frostblood Half-Orc( Dragon Magic, p. 10)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Orc|
|Bonus Languages:||Abyssal , Draconic , Giant , Gnoll , Goblin|
Hailing from the frigid north and among the most savage of warriors, frostblood orcs trace their origins to barbarian hunters who both revered and hunted white dragons. In ancient times, some primitive orc tribes considered white dragons to be the supreme prey in the brutal frostfell of their homeland, valued highly due to the scarceness of other bounty. When scouts spotted a white dragon, the tribes' fiercest warriors gathered for hunting expeditions that lasted for weeks or months at a time, after which they would return home with the dragon carcass—or wouldn't return at all. Victorious warriors carried out rituals in which they drank the blood of the white dragon they killed, a process that somehow altered their race over generations and imbued them with the essence of the very creatures they hunted. Some half-orcs also display these traits.
Modern frostblood half-orcs still hail from the north but have since joined the rest of civilization, if only outlanders. They have pale white skin and catlike eyes, with stringy white or gray hair that grows quickly.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Dragonblood Subtype: Frostblood half-orcs are of the dragonblood subtype (see page 4).
- Endurance: Frostblood half-orcs have Endurance as a bonus feat. If a frostblood half-orc would later gain Endurance as a bonus feat, he can select any other feat for which he qualifies.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a frostblood half-orc is considered an orc.
- Resistance to Cold 10: Because their ancestors ingested the blood of great white dragons, all frostblood half-orcs are naturally resistant to damage from cold-based attacks.
- Vulnerability to Fire: Frostblood half-orcs share the white dragon's vulnerability to fire-based attacks.