Glimmerskin Halfling( Dragon Magic, p. 9)
|Base speed:||Land 20|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Halfling|
|Bonus Languages:||Dwarven , Elven , Gnome , Goblin , Orc|
Gold dragons hate injustice and foul play, but few things aggravate them more than the tyranny of the strong over the weak—or the small. When a gold dragon's territory includes or is near a halfling village, the dragon quietly appoints itself the settlement's protector, guarding it from threats too great for the halflings to defeat. Seldom do the villagers learn of the dangers that never come to pass, and even more rarely do they discover the true identity of their guardian.
The dragon often walks among its charges, appearing as a traveler, a harmless animal, or a newly arrived halfling seeking to settle in the village. Though any serious relationships that result are short-lived (from the dragon's point of view), the descendants of such couplings bear signs of draconic heritage for many generations.
Glimmerskin halflings typically have a warm, golden sheen to their complexion, and their eyes inevitably hold metallic flecks of gold. They commonly display traits of nobility and bravery, standing up against threats of any nature.
- Class Skills: Heal is a class skill for glimmerskin halflings.
- Dragonblood Subtype: Glimmerskin halflings are of the dragonblood subtype (see page 4).
- Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
- Touch of Luck: Once per day, a glimmerskin halfling can grant himself or any ally within 30 feet a +2 luck bonus on a single saving throw. Using this ability is an immediate action and must be announced before the roll is made.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the glimmerskin halfling's +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Listen and Jump checks.