Dekanter Goblin( Races of Faerûn, p. 134)
|Base speed:||Land 20|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Goblin , Undercommon|
|Bonus Languages:||Home Region|
|Racial Hit Dice:||2d8 (Monstrous humanoid)|
|Racial Base Attack:||+2|
|Racial Base Saves:||Fort +0, Reflex +3, Will +3|
Dekanter Goblins were created from regular goblins by the alhoon (ilithid lich) known as the Beast Lord in the mines of Dekanter (Faerûn). They are larger than the race from which they sprang, ranging in height from 4 to 5 feet. Their tough hides are orange-red, and they have manes of wiry black hair that tumble down past their shoulders. Their heads squat atop thick, powerful necks, and they have a sharp, rhinolike horn at the tip of their elongated snouts.
Dekanter goblins, in contrast to their usually coward goblinoid kin, are aggressive and fearless. They never met a foe they didn't want to impale on their horns. They are cunning enough to not charge directly into battle against a clearly superior foe, but they rarely run away from a fight.
Dekanter goblins are basically killing machines, so they favor the barbarian class. They value strength and ferocity in battle too much to make up less militant pursuits.
Goblinoids are all short-lived. Most meet a violent end long before they reach old age. They are pressed into service as adults at just 10 years of age. They rarely live to be older than 40, although some few lucky or wily individuals have been known to make it to 60 years of age.
Goblinoids have the same life expectancy and age categories as half-orcs.
Regions: Anaurach, Chult, Cormyr, Moonsea, the North, Vaasa, the Vast, Western Heartlands.
Dekanter Goblins have the following racial traits:
- +6 Strengt, +2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma. Physically powerful and cunning, Dekanter goblins have literally been made for battle.
- Dekanter goblin land speed is 20 feet.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- +4 natural armor.
- Fast Healing 3.
- Cold Resistance 5.
- Proficient with all simple weapons.
- Monstrous Humanoid Hit Dice: A Dekanter goblin has 2d8 racial Hit Dice. He receives the maximum hit points for his first monstrous humanoid Hit Die and rolls his other monstrous and class Hit Dice normally. A Dekanter goblin's racial Hit Dice also provides + +2 base attack bonus and saving throws of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3. Dekanter goblins with class level add their class attack bonus and save bonuses to their racial attack bonus.
- Monstrous Humanoid Skills: A Dekanter goblin's monstrous humanoid Hit Dice grant him skill points equal to "2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) x 5. Class skills for these skill points are Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot. A Dekanter goblin does not get the x4 multiplier for skill points acquired from first class level.
- Monstrous Humanoid Feats: A Dekanter goblin's monstrous humanoid Hit Dice grant him one feat. A typical Dekanter goblin chooses Power Attack. A Dekanter goblin with class levels gains feats based on his total Hit Dice, as shown on Table 2 in the Introduction (Races of Faerun, p. 7).
- Natural Attacks: A Dekanter goblin can attack with his horn and 2 claws. The horn deals 1d6 points of damage plus the character's Strength bonus, with x3 damage on a critical hit. The claws are secondary attacks (-5 penalty on attack rolls, and half Strength bonus on damage rolls), and deal 1d4 points of damage. The character can attack with a weapon at his normal attack bonus, and make a horn or single claw attack as a secondary attack.
- Level Adjustment: +4. Due to his racial Hit Dice plus his ability bonuses, fast healing ability, natural weapons, and cold resistance, a Dekanter Goblin has an effective character level of 6 plus his class level. Thus, a 5th-level Dekanter goblin barbarian would have an ECL of 11. See Table 1 in the Introduction (Races of Faerun, p. 5).